- Mindfulness techniques that will help you understand what is important to you
- Tools to help you make the right decisions moving forwards, based on what you truly are meant to do in life
- How to analyse in a proactive way your decision making methods in life so far
This retreat is for you, if you:
- Want to develop a regular mindfulness practice
- Wish to understand what matters to you most in life
- Desire peace and reflection, away from your everyday
- Wish to reconnect with your true self
- Are in search of a deeper meaning in life
- Are looking for tools and techniques that will sustain you in your everyday life
- Are in need of rejuventation and renewal
Sita listens deeply, replies honestly and values the individual. Student of world renowned Zen Master Thich Nhat Hanh, she is trained in Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) and Mindfulness Based Cognitive Therapy (MBCT) and has practiced mindfulness meditation for 20 years. She has taught meditation and mindfulness in a range of places including prisons and runs retreats. She has a Diploma in Positive Impact Coaching and is a trained in Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP). She has 20 years experience of working in the arts and facilitating workshops for adults and young people. She has performed internationally as a storyteller and is the founder and Director of Settle Stories.
Pete has a thirst for truth and a no nonsense clarity of thinking. Pete is a trained psychotherapist with a degree in English from Oxford University. As a student of meditation and the inner path, he uses mindfulness to guide his creative journey. Now a poet and writer, his work is known for its insight, humour and wisdom.
Where will the retreat take place?
Set amidst the stunning scenery of Settle in the Yorkshire Dales. The retreat will take place at Settle Stories new home, The Joinery, in the heart of Settle. just outside the centre. Settle is accessible by train. By car, Settle is just off the A65 and is an hour from Bradford, and 1h 20m from Manchester, 50 mins from Lancaster.
Fri 6th - Sun 8th July 2018 Friday 6-9pm Sat & Sun 10am - 5pm
This is a non-residential retreat. But accommodation is available locally, see here. We are happy to recommend accommodation that will suit your needs and budget.
Participant comments from the previous Settle Stories retreats:
'Both leaders brought experience, skilfulness, compassion and wondrousness! I loved every session. The meditation practices supported the creative mediations well.'
'So difficult to identify the 'best bits' - it was all wounderful, as were both the leaders.'
Feedback received over three months after a retreat from a participant:
'This retreat has changed my life. I now have clarity and a clear artistic focus which means my writing is going from strength to strength'.
Booking and Joining Instructions
Joining Instructions will be sent to you via email towards the end of September. Tickets include refreshments and a delicious vegetarian lunch each day.
A limited number of Early Bird Tickets are available until 31 March 2018.