Settle Stories is at a critical phase in its development. We are looking for support in the run up to the Festival of Happiness to ensure the smooth running of the event including overseeing Health and Safety and First Aid. In addition you will be required to support the Project Management of other events. The role will include Project Management, Fundraising, Audience Development and Administration tasks.
To support the Settle Stories team in the preparation, organisation and Project Management of events including the Festival of Happiness.
- Work with Settle Stories Director and Communications Manager to deliver the Festival of Happiness
- Ensure that core logistics are in place including Health & Safety and Risk Assessments
- On-site festival management including managing volunteers
- Conduct fundraising research as directed by Settle Stories Director
- Supporting preparation of fundraising bids as required
Marketing & Audience Development
- Co-ordinate print distribution for Festival of Happiness and other events
- Update and maintain Settle Stories website as directed by the Communications Manager
- Processing all website Ticket Sales for the Festival of Happiness
- Acting as an Ambassador for Settle Stories
- Provide admin support as directed by Settle Stories Director and Communications Manager
- Other tasks as required by Settle Stories Director and Communications Manager
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Excellent Project Management skills and experience
- Experienced in setting, planning and prioritising tasks and resources to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Excellent communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Good IT skills across all applications including word, excel and databases
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Understanding of the need to maintain confidentiality
- Excellent knowledge of risk assessment planning and health and safety
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and to think on one’s feet
- To be qualified First Aider
- Confident with good interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and resourceful
- Highly organised, with an ordered approach
- Professional manner, with ability to act as ambassador for Settle Stories
- A team player who motivates those around them
- Practical and resourceful
- A flexible approach to work
Terms and Conditions
This is a short-term contract of 20 days work to take place between 1st April and 31st May. The specific days will be agreed by Settle Stories Director. It is expected this will be at approximately 2 days per week and also working at the Festival of Happiness (Saturday 27th May) and clear up after the Festival of Happiness.
Fee payable: £1500 paid in instalments
Our standard working day is 9.30 to 5.30 with a 30 min break for lunch.
Please send a CV and a short covering letter explaining your suitability for the role to Sita Brand to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put Event Development Consultant in the Subject Line.
Closing date for applications is 5pm Friday 24th March
Interviews in Settle on Tuesday 28th March